This workshop shows you the various techniques and finishes you can achieve with an overlocker. If you have mastered the basics of threading, tensions, & differential feed when using your overlocker then this is the next step.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- handle a variety of fabrics and adjust your overlocker to suit
- create different edge finishes – rolled, lettuce
- flatlock seams or hems
- gather using an overlocker
- feed through trims and elastic
- create a stitch record
|DATES: Saturday 19th January 2019||DURATION: 2.5 hrs||CLASS TIMES: 10am to 12.30pm|
|LEVEL: intermediate||MAX IN A CLASS: 7||COST: £40|
Please contact us if you are interested in this workshop
Skills needed to take this class…you must know how to thread and use your overlocker including how to correct tensions and differential feed.
If you cannot confidently do this you should look at our Overlocker Workshop
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials used to produce samples.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Your overlocker with attachments and manual – all machines are different and require different set ups &/or attachments for these advanced techniques.
We can provide an overlocker if needed to a few students but its best to learn how to set up your own as all machines are different.
*Although most students will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page