The perfect introduction to sewing for absolute beginners.
If you are interested in learning to sew but don’t know where to start this is the workshop for you. You will learn how to use a machine and basic sewing techniques which you will use to make a simple cushion or tote bag You don’t need to have any equipment or a machine. If you do have a machine and you want to learn how to use it you are welcome to bring it along.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Thread a machine
- Wind a bobbin
- Use different functions of the machine
- Sew in a straight line and around corners
- Sew and finish seams
- Mark and cut fabric
|DATE: 24th March 2018||DURATION: 1 day||CLASS TIMES: 10am – 4pm|
|LEVEL: complete beginners||MAX IN A CLASS: 7||COST: £60|
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… None
- Some supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice
- 1/2 a metre of fabric to make your bag or cushion. At least medium quilting cotton weight up to lightweight soft furnishing fabrics such as cotton canvas.
- 1 cushion pad if making a cushion
*Although most student will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page