This course is suitable for those who have completed the beginners course or those who already have some garment sewing experience and want to learn some more skills to make a wider range of garments.
In the first 6 weeks you will learn extra sewing techniques, that will allow you to make garments such as tops, waistcoats and dresses followed by 6 weeks project time making a garment that fits you.
You don’t need to have any equipment or a machine. If you do have a machine and you want to learn how to use it you are welcome to bring it along.
On this course you will learn how to:
- Insert different types of zips
- Insert a flat and set in sleeve
- Attach/Bag out a facing or lining
- Make a patch pocket
- Use a pattern
- Mark and cut fabric
- Make and fit a garment
2nd May 2019
10 weeks with 1/2 term break
Group 1: 6pm to 8pm
MAX IN A CLASS:
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… you must have made a simple garment such as a skirt with seams and darts – see content of beginners garment construction part 1
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials for the 5 weeks of techniques are included in the cost.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice
- You will need to purchase a pattern and fabric for your project garment – this will be discussed in class.
Although most students will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page