Introduction to sewing clothes for absolute beginners.
If you are interested in learning to sew clothes but don’t know where to start this is the course for you.
In the first 5 weeks you will learn how to use a machine and basic sewing techniques while making a sampler and toile (practice garment). This is followed by 5 weeks project time making a simple garment that fits you such as a skirt or pyjama bottoms.
You don’t need to have any equipment or a machine. If you do have a machine and you want to learn how to use it you are welcome to bring it along.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Thread a machine
- Fill a bobbin
- Use different functions of the machine
- Sew and finish seams
- Insert a Zip
- Sew Darts
- Attach a facing
- Use a pattern
- Mark and cut fabric
- Make and fit a garment
Group 1: 17th September 2018
Group 2: 18th September 2018
10 weeks with 1/2 term break
| CLASS TIMES:
Group 1: 6pm to 8pm
Group 2: 1pm to 3pm
|LEVEL: beginners||MAX IN A CLASS: 7
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… None
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials for the 5 weeks of techniques are included in the cost.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice
- You will need to purchase a pattern and fabric for your project garment – this will be discussed in class.
*Although most students will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page