We have worked with several UK interior designers making high end curtains with beautiful handmade headings
During this 1 day workshop you will make a sample lined curtain which you can then use as a reference point to make your own curtains at home.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Produce a handmade heading
- Apply curtain tape
- Line a curtain
- Interline a curtain
- You will also learn the special hand stitches used in curtain making
|DATE: 1st August||DURATION: 1 day||CLASS TIMES: 9.30am – 4.30pm|
|LEVEL: beginner/intermediate||MAX IN A CLASS: 8
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… basic sewing skills
- Tea/coffee and juice (lunch is not provided)
- Written support materials for your own reference so you will be able to make more cushions at home.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you prefer to use your own equipment or sewing machine you are welcome to bring it. Please let us know when you book.)
- All materials are provided for this workshop but you are welcome to bring your own fabric for the outer part of the samples if you wish.
You can also read more about what to expect from your class at Centre Front Studio***
*Although most students will complete their sample within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it. If you feel you want more advice or just some company as you work then you can come along to our sewing bee.
**All of our classes include the use of studio equipment, but do not include all student supplies. Supply lists are emailed to enrolled students about two weeks before each class date.
***Please be sure to read our class policies. If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us