During this 1 day workshop you will make a sample lined curtain which you can then use as a reference point to make your own curtains at home.
We have worked with several UK interior designers making high end curtains with beautiful handmade headings, which we will show you how to create as an alternative to tape headings
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Calculate the amount of fabric needed
- Add a lining by machine
- Apply curtain tape
- Use hand sewing techniques used to finish hems or attach linings
- Create hand made headings without curtain tape.
8th September 2018
10am – 4pm
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… you must be able to thread and use a sewing machine to sew seams.
- Some supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice
- All materials are provided for this workshop but you are welcome to bring your own fabric for the outer part of the samples if you wish.
*Although most students will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page