In this module you will learn:
- How create closures and fastenings
- How to use interfacings for structure and shape
- About the different interlinings used
- What fabrics are suitable for coats
- Create a Coat or Jacket from a pattern of your choice
– Additional skills will be tailored to to your needs based on the garment you choose to make
The course is made up of 4 weeks of coat making skills and 6 weeks making a coat that fits you.
|START DATE: 13th September 2017||DURATION: 10 weeks with 1/2 term break||CLASS TIMES: 6.30pm to 8.30pm|
|LEVEL: 3 non accredited||MAX IN A CLASS: 8
||COST: £150 inclusive of all materials for toile|
Please contact us if you are interested in this course
Skills needed to take this class… experience of making a range of garments.
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials for the 5 weeks of techniques are included in the cost.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Drinks and biscuits
- You will need to purchase a pattern and fabric for your project garment – this will be discussed in class.
You can also read more about what to expect from your class at Centre Front Studio***
*Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions. If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page