This 2 day workshop is for anyone wanting to learn the skills and techniques needed to achieve a professional result when making Soft Tailored Jackets.
Soft Tailoring is used by industry to create beautifully tailored garments more quickly and efficiently than traditional tailoring methods. This workshop is an excellent introduction for those wanting to progress to traditional hard tailoring.
You will make a fully lined jacket sample which along with your course booklet will be your reference guide for your future jacket & coat making projects.
In this workshop you will learn:
- What fabrics are suitable for tailoring projects
- About the different interlinings used in tailoring and how to select the appropriate ones.
- How to use interfacings & pressing to add structure and shape to a jacket
- How to set in a collar
- How to set in a 2 piece sleeve, add shoulder pads and sleeve head roll
- How to correctly bag out a lining.
- How to bag a lining around a vent.
21st & 22nd July 2018
10am to 4pm
Intermediate – Advanced
Please contact us if you are interested in this course
Skills needed to take this class… confident sewer with experience of making a range of garments.
- All materials needed to create sample
- Course booklet containing all the information you will need to support you in future tailoring project
- Use of studio equipment and tools. We have a selection of sewing machines in studio so please let us know in advance if you need to borrow one.
- Tea/coffee/Juice & biscuits
*Although most student will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page