This 2 day workshop is for anyone wanting to learn the skills and techniques needed to achieve a professional result when making Tailored Jackets. Its ideal if you are unable to attend a longer course.
You will make a half jacket sample which along with your course booklet will be your reference guide for all your future jacket & coat making projects.
In this workshop you will learn:
- About the different interlinings used in tailoring.
- How to use interfacings and pad stitching to add structure and shape to a jacket
- What fabrics are suitable for tailoring projects
- How to add welt pockets to a jacket.
- How to set in a collar
- How to add shoulder pads and sleeve head roll
|DATE: 21st & 22nd July 2018||DURATION: 2 days||CLASS TIMES: 10am to 4pm|
|LEVEL: Intermediate – Advanced||MAX IN A CLASS: 6
||COST: £150 inclusive of all materials|
Please contact us if you are interested in this course
Skills needed to take this class… experience of making a range of garments.
- All materials needed to create sample
- Course booklet containing all the information you will need to support you in future tailoring project
- Use of studio equipment and tools. We have a selection of sewing machines in studio so please let us know in advance if you need to borrow one.
- Tea/coffee/Juice & biscuits
*Although most student will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page