This is an intensive weeklong sewing course covering the skills taught in our 10 week beginners class. You will learn all the skills needed to make a skirt and produce a sample garment (toile)
You don’t need to have any equipment or a machine. If you do have a machine and you want to learn how to use it you are welcome to bring it along.
On this course you will learn how to:
- Thread a machine
- Fill a bobbin
- Use different functions of the machine
- Sew and finish seams
- Insert a Zip
- Sew Darts
- Attach a facing
- Use a pattern
- Mark and cut fabric
- Make a sample garment (toile)
Monday 19th July to Friday 23rd July 2021
Mornings for 1 week
10am – 12.30
complete beginners & +
MAX IN A CLASS:
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course
Skills needed to take this class… No experience needed. If you have used sewing machine but not made clothes or need a refresher this course is also for you.
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials for the samples.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice