During this 1 day workshop you will make a small sample lined curtain which you can then use as a reference point to make your own curtains at home.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Calculate the amount of fabric needed
- Cutting fabric for drops – pattern matching
- Add a lining by machine
- Use hand and machine sewing techniques to finish hems
- Apply curtain tape
Friday 3rd April 2020
10am – 4pm
MAX IN A CLASS:
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… you must be able to thread and use a sewing machine to sew seams.
- Some supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice
- All materials are provided for this workshop but you are welcome to bring your own fabric for the outer part of the samples if you wish.
*Although most students will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.