Summer is here and its time for our holiday workshop programme.
Why not treat yourself to one of our short workshops and learn new sewing skills this Summer
We have mini workshops with prices ranging from £10 to £30 where you can learn about zippers, appliqué, anymore , as well as longer 1 day workshops.
Below is a brief example of whats available, you can check out our full programme on the website.
Intro to sewing workshop
We will teach you to sew with control, keeping accurate seam allowances. When you are sewing like a pro, you can chose to make a shopping bag or a cushion.
Time: 10am to 4pm
Course Date: 15th July 2017 or 11th August
Course Cost: £60
- thread up
- change threads
- set the tension for a range of fabrics
- explain what the differential feed is and how to use it
- basic overlocking techniques
- we will also discuss what threads to use.
Time: 10 am to 1pm
Course Date: 5th August
Course cost: £25
Our most popular workshop is back.
- Previous students have hacked vintage dresses, their favourite blouse and husband’s shirt. Any garment is possible to hack, perfect when you just can’t find a new version of your favourite style.
- There are several techniques for translating a garment into a pattern; in the first session you will learn 3 methods, pricking off, direct measurement, deconstruction and the tools you will need to achieve this.
- In the 2nd session you will bring along a garment for you to apply what you have learned, creating a pattern for you to take home.
- Learning how to hack enhances your pattern cutting and garment construction skills, it develops your knowledge and ability to analyse how a garment is made.
Date: 22nd and 29th July
Time: 10 am to 12.30pm
Date: 9th August and 16th August
Time: 6pm to 8.30pm
Hope to see you soon x