Re-create a favourite garment in your wardrobe and learn basic pattern cutting techniques that you can use to copy and adapt your own clothes.
We encourage anyone who is interested in an introduction to developing their own patterns to join us for this day class, whether you are strictly a hobbyist or interested in learning technical skills to bring your original fashion designs to life.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Assess the fabric of selected garments.
- Make a pattern from a garment without damaging the original
- Make pattern alterations for fit or style
In this workshop you will produce a pattern and possibly a toile (sample garment) not a finished item of clothing
|DATES: Saturday 20th + 27th October 2018
Saturday 2nd & 9th March 2019
|DURATION: 2 mornings||CLASS TIMES: 10am – 12.30|
|LEVEL: Beginners +||MAX IN A CLASS: 4||COST: £90|
Please contact us if you are interested in this workshop
Skills needed to take this class… No pattern cutting experience is needed but you need to know how to sew clothes to make your toile (sample garment)
- Supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Drinks and biscuits
- All pattern cutting materials are provided you just need to bring your favourite garment to copy
- If your chosen garment is quite simple please bring a second garment or some fabric to produce a sample.
*Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions. If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page