Sick of patterns that don’t fit right or can’t find the style you want?
Why not make your own patterns.
This course is an introduction to pattern cutting which will allow you to start making you own Bodice/Top patterns or adapting ones you already own to create a wardrobe of different garments for yourself.
In this workshop you will:
- Create a basic garment block that fits you.
- Produce a Master pattern and garment toile (sample)
- Learn how to adapt a basic block pattern to create a range of different styles using: dart manipulation, style lines, adding or removing fullness. Reduced scale patterns created.
- Create one of your pattern adaptations full scale.
With this course you can make a wide range of tops and if you combine it with ‘The Skirt’ you can make a wide range of dresses or ‘The Trouser’ to make jumpsuits.
START DATE: 12th February 2024
DURATION: Monday evening for 5 weeks
CLASS TIMES: 6pm – 8.30pm
MAX IN A CLASS: 4
Skills needed to take this class… you need to have some experience sewing clothes to take this class in order to make your samples.
- Supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Woven cotton for sampling your pattern.
You can also read more about what to expect from your class at Centre Front Studio***
*Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.