Sick of patterns that don’t fit right or can’t find the style you want?
Why not make your own patterns.
This course is an introduction to pattern cutting which will allow you to start making you own skirt patterns or adapting ones you already own to create a wardrobe of different garments for yourself.
In this workshop you will:
- Create a basic garment block that fits you.
- Produce a Master pattern and garment toile (sample)
- Learn how to adapt a basic block pattern to create a range of different styles using: dart manipulation, style lines, adding or removing fullness. Reduced scale patterns created.
- Create one of your pattern adaptations full scale.
If you combine this course with ‘The Bodice’ course you will be able to make a wide range of dresses as well as skirts and tops.
|START DATE: TBC||DURATION: 5 weeks||CLASS TIMES: 6pm – 8pm|
|LEVEL: intermediate||MAX IN A CLASS: 4||COST: £250|
Skills needed to take this class… you need to have experience sewing clothes to take this class in order to make your samples.
- Supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Drinks and biscuits
- Woven cotton for making your skirt block.
You can also read more about what to expect from your class at Centre Front Studio***
*Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.