Re-create a favourite garment in your wardrobe and learn basic pattern cutting techniques that you can use to copy and adapt your own clothes.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Assess the fabric of selected garments.
- Make a pattern from a garment without damaging the original
- Make pattern alterations for fit or style
You will produce a pattern and possibly a toile (sample garment) not a finished item of clothing.
START DATE: 4th & 11th November 2023
DURATION: 2 Saturday mornings
CLASS TIMES: 10am – 1pm
LEVEL: beginners +
MAX IN A CLASS: 4
To book onto this workshop please contact us by email or phone with your address, postcode and a contact number
Skills needed to take this class…
No pattern cutting experience is needed but you need to know how to sew clothes to make your toile (sample garment)
- Supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Drinks and biscuits
- All pattern cutting materials are provided you just need to bring your favourite garments (a few to choose from is best)
*Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions. If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page