This Workshop is for anyone wanting to achieve professional results when making Coats and Jackets.
You will make a coat or jacket that fits you from a pattern of your choice
In this Workshop you will:
- Learn how to fit your pre-made toile and alter your pattern.
- How to use interfacings/interlinings for structure and shape
- Create a Coat or Jacket from your altered pattern using a mixture of speed tailoring and tradional tailoring techniques.
- Additional skills will be tailored to to your needs based on the garment you choose to make
19th, 26th November & 3rd,10th December 2022
10am – 2pm
MAX IN A CLASS:
Please contact us if you are interested in this course
Skills needed to take this class… experience of making a range of garments.
- Interlinings, interfacings and tapes
- Supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- You will need to have a toile shell made of your chosen coat/jacket ready for fitting and its pattern.
- Your final outer fabric and linings.
*Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.