The perfect introduction to sewing for absolute beginners.
If you are interested in learning to sew but don’t know where to start this is the workshop for you.
You will learn how to use a machine and basic sewing techniques which you will use to make a simple cushion or tote bag You don’t need to have any equipment or a machine, but if you do have a machine and want to learn how to use it you are welcome to bring it along.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Thread a machine
- Wind a bobbin
- Use different functions of the machine
- Sew in a straight line and around corners
- Sew and finish seams
- Mark and cut fabric
- Make a zipped pouch or cushion
DATE: 13th January 2024 – 10am to 4pm
LEVEL: beginners +
MAX IN CLASS: 4
To book onto this workshop please contact us by email or phone with your address, postcode and a contact number.
Skills needed to take this class…
- Some supporting written information to take home
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Tea, Coffee, Juice
- 1/2 a metre of fabric to make your bag or cushion. At least a medium quilting cotton weight up to lightweight soft furnishing fabrics such as cotton canvas.
- 1 cushion pad if making a cushion.
*Although most students will complete their project within the session, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your piece don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.
**Please be sure to read our Terms & conditions.
If you have any questions about classes and learning at Centre Front Studio, please contact us or check out our FAQs page