This is a techniques based course for anyone interested in learning the skills needed to make shirts, blouses and shirt dresses as well as a range of other garments.
You will make a toile (sample) during the 5 weeks of skills and then a garment of your choice that fits you – Like one of our sewers you may choose to make a kallie shirt dress
In this Module you will learn how to :
- Create a fully bagged out yoke
- Attach a collar with a stand
- Create placket openings
- Attach cuffs
- Add buttonholes and buttons
- Hem curves
You will also:
- Learn about sources for shirting fabrics
6pm – 8.30pm
MAX IN A CLASS:
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class…
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials for the 5 weeks of techniques are included in the cost.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Drinks and biscuits