This is a techniques based course for anyone interested in learning the skills needed to make shirts, blouses and shirt dresses as well as a range of other garments. During the 5 weeks you will make a toile (sample garment)
This course can be done as a 5 week course or a 3 day intensive to fit with your schedule.
On this course you will learn how to:
- Create a fully bagged out yoke
- Attach a collar with a stand
- Create placket openings
- Attach cuffs
- Add buttonholes and buttons
- Hem curves
You will also:
- Learn about sources for suitable fabrics
- How to select fabrics and how they effect the look.
START DATE: 12th January 2024
DURATION: Fridays for 5 weeks
TIME: 6pm – 8.30pm
LEVEL: complete beginners & +
MAX IN A CLASS: 4
To book onto this workshop please contact us by email or phone with your address, postcode and a contact number
Skills needed to take this class…
Confident using a sewing machine and experience of making clothes
- Supporting illustrated information to take home
- All materials for the 5 weeks of techniques are included in the cost.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)