This is a techniques based course for anyone interested in learning the skills needed to make good quality, well fitted trousers, shorts or jeans. The skills are transferable for other garments such as jean skirts, jumpsuits etc.
In the first 5 weeks you will learn the skills needed to create a pair of trousers/jeans and will then make a pant of your choice that fits you.
On this course you will learn:
- Which fabrics and interfacings are best for different styles of trousers
- How to construct a pair of trousers with a yoke
- How to sew pockets
- with overlocked seams
- with french seams
- extension – welt pocket
- How to construct a fly zip with guard
- how to add a button and button hole
- How to fit and alter a pattern for your shape using a toile.
Tuesday 21st April 2020
Tuesdays for 10 weeks with 1/2 term break
6pm – 8pm
MAX IN A CLASS:
Please contact us by email or phone if you wish to attend this course.
Skills needed to take this class… sewers who want to increase their skills
- Supporting written information to take home
- All materials for the 5 weeks of techniques are included in the cost.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.** (If you need to borrow a sewing machine for this session please let us know when you book.)
- Drinks and biscuits
- You will need to purchase a pattern and fabric for your project garment – this will be discussed in class.
Although most student will complete their project, everyone works at their own pace so if you don’t finish your garment don’t worry because you will go home with the skills you need to complete it.